Bridal Discount Book Forum
Hi welcome to BDB's Chatterbox forum!
If you're a first time user you will have to create a new account.

This forum is not linked with Bridal Discount Book's website so the username & password you use for that won't be recognized.

Please sign up & create a new account with your BDB username & password if you wish to keep it consistent.

Hope you learn lots, share lots & make lots of friends along the way.

Be sure to visit our website ttp://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
where you can gain exclusive access thousands of wedding savings & vouchers!
enjoy your stay
Hi welcome to BDB's Chatterbox forum!
If you're a first time user you will have to create a new account.

This forum is not linked with Bridal Discount Book's website so the username & password you use for that won't be recognized.

Please sign up & create a new account with your BDB username & password if you wish to keep it consistent.

Hope you learn lots, share lots & make lots of friends along the way.

Be sure to visit our website ttp://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
where you can gain exclusive access thousands of wedding savings & vouchers!
enjoy your stay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for brides (and grooms) to chat weddings 24/7

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WEDDING DISCOUNT VOUCHERS AT www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au SAVE THOUSANDS PLANNING YOUR WEDDING! **********

Wedding Dress??

Go down 
+7
Sahbear
CoralBride
bridetobe7586
Katie
JC
BDB
~Nikki~
11 posters
AuthorMessage
~Nikki~

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:26 am

Shall we have a thread where we post our dresses???

I havent gotten mine yet, but planning on something flowy as we are having a beach wedding!!!
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: GREAT IDEA!   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:32 am

Great idea Nikki!! I looooove looking at wedding dresses.......So many gorgeous ones around these days!

I don't know how you girls choose??
Back to top Go down
http://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
~Nikki~

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:25 pm

I know!!!

Its so hard!!!

I cant wait to lose this bub weight (gotta get the bub out first-lol) so I can go dress shopping!!!
Back to top Go down
JC

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:49 pm

I'm hoping to get an initial look-in in July but I won't need to purchase my dress until about october Smile

I'm hoping to trim down too and I'm thinking when I do, what looks good on me now and what looks good on me then will change.
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:17 am

Good thinking JC & good luck!
I think i'll put a gym or weight loss category up so we can all support eachother Smile
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:04 am

Good idea Jeanette!
I've lost about 4 kilos so far! At least my dress has strapping at the back which can go in a bit!

Picking dresses is definitely a major stressor! But I think I got lucky! I had planned to spend the whole day with my Mum and Matron of Honour trying on dresses, we went in to the first shop (Unforgettable Bridal/La Novia) and there it was!

It's an ivory antique lace strapless dress which a ruched bodice. The bottom part just flows down from my hips and has a bit of a train at the back (not too big though, I think I would trip!!)... My veil is fingertip length and has dainty little drop bits at the end .. I LOVE it!! :o
Back to top Go down
bridetobe7586

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:56 am

that sounds gorgeous katie!

mine's the full on princess dress. fitted bodice (which we've just had changed from zip to lace up), full skirt with a long train, capped sleeves, beaded on the bodice and embroidery/beads on the hem/train. it's in 'latte', so a very dark cream.
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:15 am

Yours sounds lovely too!! The dark cream just looks stunning!
Back to top Go down

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:37 am

Yes it would be great to see everyone’s bridal gown.
My gown was lace up ball gown (when can you ever wear a princess ball gown again) with BLACK and GOLD embroidery. Very different i was very happy. If i got married again i would defiantly go for an a-line, tight, lace gown, we have some in at the moment that look gorgeous, but i change my mind every time a new dress comes in.

So I strongly say WEAR what you want on your wedding day! Any style and any colour you want! And my tip is try on as many as you can so you know what looks best and what you feel comfortable in.

At Adore Bridal and Evening Wear we can get gowns in any colour and size and with our Adore label you can change neck lines, straps and back’s to tie bodice, zip or buttons. These are all under $1000 and all our other labels are under $2000. There is also beautiful Mr K ranges that are under $500 but have amazing beading perfect for garden and beach weddings.

GOOD LUCK ladies
I love you
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:40 am

AMAZING prices Vanessa! I will just have to come in one day and ogle your beautiful dresses I'm thinking ;)
Back to top Go down
CoralBride

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Dress! I've been to 5 shops now and I've tried on 20 dresses and I haven't found 'the one' yet.

I don't want the popular 'strapless, puffy, princess dress', I want something with a v neck or other neckline that still shows off my arms and shoulders but not strapless, I also want something fitted, with a train and to have some sort of detail around the stomach section to hide what my fiancee and I affectionately call my 'Pasta Belly' - I'm addicted to the stuff! Rolling Eyes

I'm just having trouble at the moment as shops generally stock what people will buy (the style I listed above) and flowy dresses which also don't suit me, so I think I might have some trouble finding the dress I want as the more fitted styles seem to be classed a 'couture' which doesn't fit with my budget of $1,000 up to $1,500 max.

I'm interested in checking out your dresses at Adore Bridal. I've just had a look on your website. Is this just a small selection of the dresses you have available? Do you have anything that would suit what I'm after? I love Hahndorf so would love to come for a drive at some stage and check out what you have Very Happy

Has anyone else seen something like what I'm after and can suggest where I can look?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:52 am

Depending on your budget coralbride you could always have something made. You already seem to have a clear idea of what you want which is a huge help. There is nothing worse than shopping for wedding dresses when you just don't have a clue.

Surf the internet and look for pictures and go through every wedding magazine you can lay your hands on. Cut out all the pictures of dresses with bits that you like. study This helps you get an idea as to what you want and also give a dressmaker a good idea as well.

I know of a couple of people who have also bought their dresses off the internet. While this is not something I would do myself, those girls are super happy with their dresses and saved a tonne of cash as well! From what I hear, they are really quite professional. They get all your measurements (not just bust, hips and waist) and make the dress just to your size.

That could be worth a look into as well. flowers
Back to top Go down
CoralBride

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:35 am

Does anyone know if you can get a dress made for under $1,500?
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:15 am

CoralBride wrote:

You would probably need to ring a few dressmakers. There are only dress shops themselves currently on BDB though, so you might have to trawl the yellow pages.

Perhaps an area that you could canvas if you haven't already Jeanette!
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:27 am

I would get intouch with Adore Bridal Here: http://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au/company-display?id=1644
Vanessa & Heather are lovely and majority of their wedding dresses are under $1000! If they haven't got what you want they will bend over backward to get it for you...Remember the $399.00 saving exclusive to registered BDB members, Well worth the $25.00 membership! Very Happy

Alternatively these are dress makers on BDB both offering generous discounts to our members
Apricot Rose http://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au/company-display?id=1651
Dragons blood creations http://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au/company-display?id=3537

Hope that helps? flowers
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:28 am

[quote="Katie"]
CoralBride wrote:
[color=orange]

Already covered babe! Razz
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:30 am

[quote="BDB"]
Katie wrote:
CoralBride wrote:
[color=orange]

Already covered babe! Razz

I figured you would.... cheers
Back to top Go down
CoralBride

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:57 am

Thanks Jeanette!

If I can't find what I want ready made, I will definitely look to those places to get something made.

PS - LOVE your website, such a fantastic idea! I've already bought a membership Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 7:24 am

CoralBride wrote:
Thanks Jeanette!

PS - LOVE your website, such a fantastic idea! I've already bought a membership Very Happy

Thank you Coral Bride flowers

Cograts on your membership, hope it helps you save heaps <a href=\'http://www
Back to top Go down

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 3:04 pm

CoralBride wrote:

Hi Coral bride,
Do you know what your after or have a pic? I can always show you what we have similar most being under that price range, feel free to email if i can help you at all.
Vanessa Smile
Back to top Go down

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 3:13 pm

[quote="CoralBride"]Dress! I've been to 5 shops now and I've tried on 20 dresses and I haven't found 'the one' yet.

I'm interested in checking out your dresses at Adore Bridal. I've just had a look on your website. Is this just a small selection of the dresses you have available? Do you have anything that would suit what I'm after? I love Hahndorf so would love to come for a drive at some stage and check out what you have Very Happy

Hey Coral Bride if you send me an email ( so i have your address) i can send you a pic of a gown arriving soon that fits your description. Or like i worte below if you have a pic of soemthing you like i can tell you what we have similar.
vanessa@adorebridalwear.com.au

We don't have a HUGE range at adore bridal but can get any gowns in any size and have all price ranges. We have a great range of styles so you know what will suit you and can go from there, we are a small boutique and have hand picked the gowns we feel are different from the norm and that are beautiful, classic gowns.

You can get a gorgeous bridal gown for $1500 and under, happy planning! so exciting!

Vanessa I love you
Back to top Go down

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 3:14 pm

BDB wrote:
AMAZING prices Vanessa! I will just have to come in one day and ogle your beautiful dresses I'm thinking ;)

Yes it would be great to meet you Smile
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:05 pm

[quote="adore bridal wrote" Yes it would be great to meet you Smile[/quote]

likewise....we will have to make it a date! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sahbear

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:34 am

I am stressing a bit about my wedding dress! I've been told lots of different things about it. I am currently losing weight for my wedding, I've lost 5kg so far, I have a huge 35kg more to lose before my wedding in April next year. Realistically I won't reach my goal weight until about 6 weeks before the wedding so I don't know when to get my dress! I've heard bridal shops take about 6 weeks to order them in Sad
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:42 am

Well done Sarah!!! A loss is a loss they say Razz
I can understand your concern. Maybe consider a dress that can be easily adjusted either by a dress maker or one that ties up at the back like a corset? That way as you loose it, it's just a matter of pulling in the ties, I know a lot of brides that do this quite successfully.

<a href=\'http:// I'm sure it will be fine in the end! flowers
Back to top Go down
Sahbear

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:53 am

Thank you for your advice! I was thinking about starting to look perhaps in November when I will hopefully be only one/maybe two dress sizes away from my goal and perhaps order it the one size smaller or just order it and have it altered. I'll try not to stress about it before then! Smile
Back to top Go down

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:05 am

Sahbear wrote:
I am stressing a bit about my wedding dress! I've been told lots of different things about it. I am currently losing weight for my wedding, I've lost 5kg so far, I have a huge 35kg more to lose before my wedding in April next year. Realistically I won't reach my goal weight until about 6 weeks before the wedding so I don't know when to get my dress! I've heard bridal shops take about 6 weeks to order them in Sad

hi Sahbear well done and congratulations! Gowns can take up to 6 months to be ready, our adore label is about 4 months and i agree with janette the most cost effective way and de-stress way is for corset tie back. Thats what my gown had and it was something i just didn't have to worry about the week before the wedding because the girls just tied me in and i was set! We have a few corset gowns all under $990. All the best and happy planning and excersing!
I love you
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:21 am

Welcome to the forums Sahbear!

I agree with Jeanette and Vanessa, it can take months to get a dress in. You can always have a dress altered which takes less time that actually having it made.

I'm losing some weight for my wedding but already have my dress. I have got laces in the back so that I have some room to move which is good.

Don't leave your dress until the last minute. The last thing you need is the stress of worrying about if your dress will be ready in time.

<a href=http://yours
Back to top Go down
Greysi

Greysi

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 4:07 am

I hope this works...I have chosen an Alfred Angelo dress (currently hanging at FMIL's) The colour is ivory..it has a cathedral train...not too long...lace up back...so will work well with weight loss....i havent picked a veil yet...not really a veil girl....and haven't found anything i liked yet

Wedding Dress?? 858463de22365cc1852d9616ebcba7a0

back

Wedding Dress?? 58493
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:37 am

OMG Greysi your dress is absolutely STUNNING!! I love you

I love the fall of the front and the beading. How it does up and the bling goes down at the back too and it has a beautiful train....I love all of it...You must be dying to wear it?

I wouldn't trust it in my house, I'd want to put it on all the time!

Thanks for sharing...WOW
Back to top Go down
Greysi

Greysi

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:24 am

Thank you gorgeous.....I love it as well....I loved it before I got engaged...cant believe I actually have this dress.....as soon as I got it home I had to chuck it on (the boy was across the road)...i couldnt do it up by myself, but i twirled in it a few times haha....and yes, now it is hanging up the road...dying for one of my girlfriends to come out so she can lace it up for me
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:27 am

Love it.......A girl of my own heart! I'd be doing EXACTLY the same thing <a href=\'http://www xxxx
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:28 am

Wow, that's stunning.... Simply LOVE the beading.... absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Here is a studio shot of my dress....[img]Wedding Dress?? Coco[/img]
Back to top Go down
Greysi

Greysi

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Love it Katie...you are going to look so elegant!!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks... it was the first dress I tried on... Mum and I both just loved it from the start. It has a lace up back... so hopefully it won't need too many alterations when I've lost more weight!
Back to top Go down
Ally

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:00 am

Front
Wedding Dress?? Emme

Back

Wedding Dress?? Emme-1

This is my dress i fell in love with it a while ago except my has the cap sleeve option.
I haven't found a veil yet and i'm not sure that i want one.
All the dresses that have been posted on here all look and sound absolutly stunning and i'm sure u will all look beautiful.

Ally
Back to top Go down
Ally

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:15 am

Sorry about the advertising across the dress but it was the only decent image i could find that isn't where i'm getting my dress from.
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:55 am

How beautiful! Love the beaded bodice... simply stunning...
Back to top Go down
Ally

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks it was one of the first ones i tried on but have tried on probably hundreds of dresses just to make sure that that was the one and none of the others even compared.

I'm so glad they still had it in stock i first tried it on at the start of 2009.
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:30 am

FAR OUT Ally! That dress is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm a sucker for a princess dress Very Happy
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!
Thanks for showing it
Stunning <a href=\'http://www
Back to top Go down
Sarah Pacey

Sarah Pacey

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:58 am

I absoulutely love all of your dresses... especially Katies - I have a thing for the understated and elegant!
<a href=\'http://
Absoulutely Stunning Ladies ... I cant wait to do the dress shopping part!<a href=\'http://www

Dam It, James ask me already... HAHAHAHA! lol!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks Sarah,
I just love the vintage look especially with lace. I don't particularly go for big and flashy, but just love the elegant and understated like you.... I'm sort of going for Grace Kelly classic. I'm going to have my hair in a low bun, and I can't wait to see what Jeanette and I come up with!!!!

Hey! Why don't you ask him???? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarah Pacey

Sarah Pacey

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Haha tried it already... he didnt buy it! Wants to do it the proper way, and Ill just suffer haha!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:36 am

Darn! Has he given you any kind of time frame? That would drive me crazy!
Back to top Go down
Sarah Pacey

Sarah Pacey

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:55 am

Before our baby girl turns 5... She's 6 months now. So I could be in for a long wait!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:42 pm

That's cruel! Making you wait like that! Sad
Back to top Go down
latham21

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:32 am

I love Katie's dress, you are going to look stunning. I had my dress custom made by Caleche. I had 5 fittings, some places charge you after the first one or two, but they made everything perfect and nothing was too much trouble. the dress was awesome and didnt feel like i was wearing something som elaborate and heavy.
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:48 am

Thanks! I have a friend of mine who is a seamstress having it taken up for me and she did it as a gift so I'm very greatful!

I feel like a princess every time I put it on!!
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:16 pm

You are all going to look absolutely stunning!! All beautiful dresses for sure! <a href=\'http://www
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wedding Dress?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Dress??   Wedding Dress?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wedding Dress??
Page 1 of 1