Bridal Discount Book Forum
Hi welcome to BDB's Chatterbox forum!
If you're a first time user you will have to create a new account.

This forum is not linked with Bridal Discount Book's website so the username & password you use for that won't be recognized.

Please sign up & create a new account with your BDB username & password if you wish to keep it consistent.

Hope you learn lots, share lots & make lots of friends along the way.

Be sure to visit our website ttp://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
where you can gain exclusive access thousands of wedding savings & vouchers!
enjoy your stay
Hi welcome to BDB's Chatterbox forum!
If you're a first time user you will have to create a new account.

This forum is not linked with Bridal Discount Book's website so the username & password you use for that won't be recognized.

Please sign up & create a new account with your BDB username & password if you wish to keep it consistent.

Hope you learn lots, share lots & make lots of friends along the way.

Be sure to visit our website ttp://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
where you can gain exclusive access thousands of wedding savings & vouchers!
enjoy your stay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for brides (and grooms) to chat weddings 24/7

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WEDDING DISCOUNT VOUCHERS AT www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au SAVE THOUSANDS PLANNING YOUR WEDDING! **********

Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie

Katie

Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Empty
PostSubject: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I need some ideas for bridal party gifts. We are already giving the girls earrings and wine and the boys cufflinks and wine but it just doesn't seem like enough.

What else can I get for them????
Back to top Go down
CoralBride

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:55 am

that is a hard one really. For us, we're pretty much paying for everything for our brial party and all my bride’s maids are buying is their shoes and the groomsmen aren't paying anything (other than shoes if they want to buy new ones)so given that, I think what you’re giving them is more than enough as a gift, but if they’re for example paying for their own dresses, suits, hair, make-up etc, and you feel you want to give them something more, how about you give the girls a beauty voucher for a massage or hair cut and for the guys some tickets to a sporting event that all the boys can go to after your honeymoon.
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:55 am

What about a prewedding pamper session of some sort the night before? Lots of companies will come out and perform massages or facials etc? Make it a relaxing girls night so your prepped for the following day Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:07 am

Thanks guys!
The girls are paying for their dresses, but I'm paying for their hair and make up and stuff. I feel bad already that I've asked them to pay for the dress. I'm looking to organise a nail party for the night before if we have time, and I might pay for that if it's not to expensive.

I'm not sure how relaxed we are going to be on the Friday night! Will probably have a lot of running around to do on the Friday!

I might use that as their gift then Smile
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:59 am

It would be nice to have a relaxing end to a busy day I would imagine <a href=\'http://
Back to top Go down
http://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
JodieR

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 am

It depends on what type of gifts you are looking for too... like momento's/keepsakes, thanks you's, ... urgh.. I can't think of the right words.

Like... some of the things I do quite often is Personalised bath robes (for when you're all getting ready) they can either have your name on it or bridesmaid, maid of honour etc. Tote bags with BM etc. on it. Also hand painted champagne glasses with BM etc. on them are nice. Also popular is the mens embroidered socks with Groom, Best man, pageboy etc etc. Guys can also get personalised trunks/shorts and bathrobes. OR SLIPPIES! there's slippers too. I don't think they're very exciting though (the slippers).

I always liked the engraved compacts, you can usually get an assortment of different compacts to suit your BM's individuality or get them all the same. They have ones with bling letters on them (ie for their name). Not sure of any suppliers I could recommend off the top of my head

I had mini port bottles at my weeding, with a personalised label with our names, wedding date etc. Bigger (like mini flagons) for the VIP's and mini thin bottles for others.

other things could be jewellery.

Last edited by JodieR on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JodieR

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:49 am

oooh or a voucher for a facial or something.... like a treat to thank them for what they've helped you with?
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Love the idea of personalised robes! I'll have to look into that... They are already getting a couple of bottles of wine and earrings, I'm paying for their hair/make up and manicures. I don't want to spend too much more money.. these wedding things are a wee bit expensive! Shocked
Back to top Go down
JodieR

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:16 pm

the way I tend to think of it (and this is just my own personal thingy-ma-bob).

You're giving them something to celebrate - Wine
You're giving them something sentimental and precious - earrings
You're giving them a treat - by paying for their beautification (that kinda benefits you two though LOL).

You've just about got it covered!

Let me know if you want some help with the robes and I'll PM you a link to my site <a href=\'http://www to give you an idea.
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:10 am

I'm pretty happy with what I'm giving them, but I just want to make sure it's enough. They are paying $300 for their dresses... If you could PM me, that would be terrific Smile
Back to top Go down
JodieR

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:35 am

ahhh, I can't PM. Admin has restricted those privileges. Or maybe you can't PM unless you add people as friends (have seen that in other forums). hmmmm I don't want to post the link (or get in to trouble). Perhaps if you email me at jodie@ignitingdesires.com
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:13 am

Very strange... I'll have a chat to Jeanette and see why she has PM access restricted. I'll see if it works from my end Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?   Bridal Party Gifts - What to do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bridal Party Gifts - What to do?
Page 1 of 1