Bridal Discount Book Forum
Hi welcome to BDB's Chatterbox forum!
If you're a first time user you will have to create a new account.

This forum is not linked with Bridal Discount Book's website so the username & password you use for that won't be recognized.

Please sign up & create a new account with your BDB username & password if you wish to keep it consistent.

Hope you learn lots, share lots & make lots of friends along the way.

Be sure to visit our website ttp://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
where you can gain exclusive access thousands of wedding savings & vouchers!
enjoy your stay
Hi welcome to BDB's Chatterbox forum!
If you're a first time user you will have to create a new account.

This forum is not linked with Bridal Discount Book's website so the username & password you use for that won't be recognized.

Please sign up & create a new account with your BDB username & password if you wish to keep it consistent.

Hope you learn lots, share lots & make lots of friends along the way.

Be sure to visit our website ttp://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
where you can gain exclusive access thousands of wedding savings & vouchers!
enjoy your stay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for brides (and grooms) to chat weddings 24/7

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WEDDING DISCOUNT VOUCHERS AT www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au SAVE THOUSANDS PLANNING YOUR WEDDING! **********

Size of reception venue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CoralBride

Size of reception venue Empty
PostSubject: Size of reception venue   Size of reception venue Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:41 am

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I've just been to see a reception venue and the room is 11m by 16 metres in size and I've been told the maximum is 140 people sit down in that room with a Dance Floor and room for a band or DJ. But I was standing in it and we're only having 100 people seated and it seemed quite small.

Does anyone agree that this could be too small? I also asked how big the dance floor would be and she said we could have it any size, but I have no idea how big it should be? Any ideas?

I'm feeling a bit confused. I was thinking I'd be really excited after seeing it, but now I'm not feeling that way. So I'm a bit Shocked
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: Size of reception venue   Size of reception venue Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:14 pm

I'm not too sure about measurements ... that's a bit technical and I don't have a very mathmatical brain! But I would ask to see some photos of the reception area set up. Or even better, ask when they are next setting up a large wedding and see if you can go have a look.

I know when I was looking around at venues a couple offered this. It gives you a chance to see how things are set up and how much space you have.
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: Size of reception venue   Size of reception venue Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:39 pm

That does seem a little small to seat 140 & include a dance floor etc!
I would do what Katie suggested and ask to see it set up or at the very
least some photos of what that amount of chairs would look like in the venue.
You'll soon know once you had a look I reccon ;)

sorry I couldn't help more xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
CoralBride

PostSubject: Re: Size of reception venue   Size of reception venue Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:15 am

Unfortunately it is a new hotel so they won't be having any weddings in it until October! I guess one good thing would be that it will be quite intimate being in a smaller room. I've only really ever been to big weddings (over 200 odd people) so maybe I'm just used to that.

The dates are booking up fast so I don't want to miss out, but I don't want to pay a 20% non-refundable deposit if I'm not sure what will fit! Eeeep! <a href=\'http://www

Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: Size of reception venue   Size of reception venue Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:20 am

Oh bugger! Yes, I see your problem.
That's true about it making it a more intimate wedding, which I think is nice. Sometimes if there is to much space people might not feel like they are a big part of your day.

I'd go for it if you like it & the dates are filling fast <a href=\'http://www
Back to top Go down
CoralBride

PostSubject: Re: Size of reception venue   Size of reception venue Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Thanks for your advice girls, we got some surprise costings back on the venue which differed from our original discussions with the venue, so I've put my negotiation / compromise skills into practice to try and get us a more appropriate rate for our reception, and slightly larger room. So fingers crossed it pans out ok. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully there will be Very Happy all round
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: Size of reception venue   Size of reception venue Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Goog luck CoralBride! Will keep fingers crossed xx

Ps: did you get my answer to your PM? I'm not sure if it sent ok?
I appreciated your advice
flowers
Back to top Go down
CoralBride

PostSubject: Re: Size of reception venue   Size of reception venue Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:05 am

Hi Jeanette,

I did, but I forgot to reply. I'm glad you found the feedback useful. More than happy to provide more feedback if ever you're after it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: Size of reception venue   Size of reception venue Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:15 am

Oh that's great Very Happy
No worries about replying I was just so grateful that I wanted to make sure you got my response & wasn't left wondering why if you hadnt. I wouldn't have wanted to appeared rude in that case. Still trying to figure out this system and glad to see it works.

Enjoy your day

x J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Size of reception venue   Size of reception venue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Size of reception venue
Page 1 of 1