Bridal Discount Book Forum
Hi welcome to BDB's Chatterbox forum!
If you're a first time user you will have to create a new account.

This forum is not linked with Bridal Discount Book's website so the username & password you use for that won't be recognized.

Please sign up & create a new account with your BDB username & password if you wish to keep it consistent.

Hope you learn lots, share lots & make lots of friends along the way.

Be sure to visit our website ttp://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
where you can gain exclusive access thousands of wedding savings & vouchers!
enjoy your stay
Hi welcome to BDB's Chatterbox forum!
If you're a first time user you will have to create a new account.

This forum is not linked with Bridal Discount Book's website so the username & password you use for that won't be recognized.

Please sign up & create a new account with your BDB username & password if you wish to keep it consistent.

Hope you learn lots, share lots & make lots of friends along the way.

Be sure to visit our website ttp://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
where you can gain exclusive access thousands of wedding savings & vouchers!
enjoy your stay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for brides (and grooms) to chat weddings 24/7

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WEDDING DISCOUNT VOUCHERS AT www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au SAVE THOUSANDS PLANNING YOUR WEDDING! **********

What are your Flowers?

Go down 
+4
Sarah
CoralBride
BDB
Katie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie

Katie

What are your Flowers? Empty
PostSubject: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:57 am

A wedding's just not a wedding without flowers!!! So what are we all having???? :?:

My flowers are going to be orange calla lillies, gomphrena strawberry fields (which are a little red everlasting that looks like a strawberry on a long, fine green stem) and lucodendrums - I might also put in some yellow and orange everlastings as well, it will have lots of green gum leaves too. The girls are going to be in orange, so this will hopefully look gorgeous!

The table decorations are just going to be plain clear vases with a bunch of gomphrena losely placed in them. Really simple, but very elegant. flowers
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Sounds stunning   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:13 am

Your flowers sound amazing Katie! Have you got any pics? Would love to see flowers
Back to top Go down
http://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:17 am

I haven't got any pictures just yet sorry! I've sort of got images of the different flowers but nothing of them alltogether! No

Am going to see the florist in a couple of weeks so hopefully I might have something then!
Back to top Go down
CoralBride

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:39 am

Katie, pictures would be fantastic as I've never heard of most of those flowers, but they do sound beautiful! When is your wedding date?

Mine will be at the end of summer, start of autumn, but the flowers I want won't be in season. I love peonies but they are only in season in November and December Sad

I want some nice feminine yet modern flowers as I'm not keen on roses as they're quite common and too traditional. I saw a photo of centrepieces that were just a fishbowl vase with a bunch of white daffodils in them. They were beautiful! So I'd like to look into something like that and maybe incorporating the white daffodils in my bouquet.

I guess I really need to meet with someone so I can see pictures of what is in season at that time and what I can go for.

Also as I want Coral coloured flowers, I'm not sure how limited I will be with those.
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:29 am

Jeanette, how do I attach an image?
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:51 am

You will need to have something like photobucket or a host photo site.
On the top navigation bar you will see what looks like a little picture icon, click on that an an internal box will come up
and insert between this ( [ img ] * [ /img ] ) where I'v inserted a * the image code of the pic you want to upload from your photobucket or similar

What are your Flowers? Bride Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:52 am

Let me try this.... image is a bit big... but will see how we go! These are the gomphrena flowers... What are your Flowers? Gomphrena_qis_red
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:57 am

What are your Flowers? Orangecallalily2

These are the calla lillies....

What are your Flowers? Leucadendron

And these are the lucodendrums.... so put them all together, I'm looking for something like this...

What are your Flowers? Orangeflowers
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:00 am

This is what the boys button holes will most likely be like... - sorry about the massiveness of the photos.. I'm still working out how to shrink them for web viewing!!
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:14 am

OH KATIE !!!! They look incredible, you must be so excited to see the end result? I know I would...WOW, lost for words Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:20 am

Don't they look gorgeous.. that's the first time I've really seen pictures of them side by side like that.. I only just found the picture of the calla lilly button hole, but they are so nice!!! Gettin' excited now!!! I is gonna look like a princess!! queen
Back to top Go down
CoralBride

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:52 am

WOW! They are Beautiful! So bright and colourful! Very Happy

It is such a creative idea too! I think I need to get creative with my flowers too! I can't wait to meet with some florists and see what we can come up with!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:27 am

I started off knowing the colour only.. I didn't know what flowers I wanted, but I knew I wanted some wildflowers. I happened across the gomphrena at a relatives house, she had them on the table and I just loved them! I'd seen the cala lilies just searching the web.

Google is your friend when you are looking for things like this!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Nobody's posted in a while so I thought I'd get things moving! I'm off to my florist tomorrow morning to sort out my flowers! YAY!!!
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:50 am

Hope your appointment went well Katie?
Come back to tell us your final decision <a href=\'http://www
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:08 am

We are going with the calla lillies, lucodendrums and if we can get them, the strawberry fields flower

It's going to be a ball bouquet with some greenery in it.... Smile The button holes are just going to be the orange calla lillies.

Can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:15 am

YAY!!! sounds amazing Katie....Hopefully I'll get to see them on the day <a href=\'http://www
can't wait myself so I can only imagine how you feel hehe xx
Back to top Go down
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:42 am

They look beautiful Katie. Love the brightness of the flowers Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elegantjewellery.net.au
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:23 am

Thanks I love you I'm so glad you like them.

I'm not really a white and pink rose kinda person, and I just love orange flowers! I want it to be colourful and fun.. a bit like me king
Back to top Go down
Greysi

Greysi

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 3:52 am

Wow...that is gorgeous Katie!

I thought I might stick with the good old white roses....have ordered them....but I am thinking I may need some colour....I did want peonies...but they are not in when i am getting married....so am gonna see if i can change to david austin roses....and im not sure what else yet
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:32 am

We've had a bit of bad news on the flowers... The strawberry flowers and lucodendrums are not in season in November.... Would anything else like to go wrong??? I'm hoping with all the stuff that's being going on beforehand will mean that nothing will go wrong on the day!! <a href=\'http://www
Back to top Go down
Greysi

Greysi

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:37 am

Oh no!!! I hope you can find something equally as gorgeous Very Happy xo
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:14 pm

We are just going to go with all calla lillies... they will be ivory calla lillies with orange calla lillies sitting in the bunch. It should look really nice actually .. simple. Smile
Back to top Go down
Greysi

Greysi

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:01 pm

that will be stunning...I LUUUUURVE calla lillies...it was what i was originally going to go with...it will suit your dress so well
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:03 pm

Thanks! The bridesmaids are in burnt orange, so it should hopefully look stunning... I hope so anyway!!
Back to top Go down
CoralBride

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:56 am

Yay! I can finally share with you my flowers! I've only been to one florist so far, but we came up with some fantastic ideas. Unfortunately I don' t have any photos but for my bouquet, I'm having ivory and white flowers in freesias (including the small stem of green buds they come with, carnations and gardenias.

My 3 Bridesmaids will have small ivory carnations. And for centrepieces large fishbowls (about 40cm high) with white pebbles in the bottom, large flat green leaves wrapped around the centre of the bowl, filled with water and carnation heads floating in them, a mirrored placemat and tealight candles around it. In fact now I talk about it, I can really picture it and I can't wait! I get my quote back in 2 weeks. I can't wait that long! hehe. Bring it on!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:51 am

Sounds just lovely... freesias are beautiful. They have a lovely smell too. You must be sooo excited!!!! flower
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 11:46 am

Katie wrote:
We've had a bit of bad news on the flowers... The strawberry flowers and lucodendrums are not in season in November.... Would anything else like to go wrong??? I'm hoping with all the stuff that's being going on beforehand will mean that nothing will go wrong on the day!! <a href=\'http://www

I just saw about your flowers Katie Sad sounds like your replacements will be equally as beautiful though! well done xx
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 11:48 am

Coralbride your centerpieces sound stunning! I can actually picture them but it would be lovely to see pics if you get some Smile
All these incredible flower ideas....Flowers have come such a long way, it's so exciting!!

Well done ladies <a href=\'http://www
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 11:27 pm

BDB wrote:
Katie wrote:

I just saw about your flowers Katie Sad sounds like your replacements will be equally as beautiful though! well done xx

Thanks Jeanette <a href='ht

I've had a look at some pictures and I think it will be just as lovely with just the white and orange calla lillies. I've gotten to a place, where while I still care about the day, I'm not so obsessed with must having certain things. I've worked out that sometimes, stuff happens, and you have to accept that. No point in getting upset about it.

It's all going to be awesome! <a href=http://yours
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 2:56 am

That is EXACTLY right hun! Well done on finding your happy place <a href=\'http://www

Make the best out of the situation you have, if you keep dwelling on the things that go wrong you don't experience the joy in the things that go right <a href=\'http://www

xx Jeanette
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:44 am

It's only taken 10 months! I don't know if it's something that you can tell others either, it really is the sort of thing you can only work out on your own!
Back to top Go down
Ally

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Your flowers sound lovely Katie! Very Happy

I'm not sure if i want flowers as i have had my heart set on Parasols but i have seen button bouquets
What are your Flowers? Il_430xN.24286543
They are just so different but apparently really heavy.
Would love to know if there was somewhere in Adelaide that makes them.
They have buttonholes for the guys as well.
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:16 am

Wow! How unusual... not sure if it's my thing, but they really are quite interesting. I've not been able to find anywhere in Adelaide doing a quick search, but I don't think they would be difficult to make.
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:29 am

Wow, I have NEVER seen anything like that before Ally. Certainly would be a talking point and not easily forgotten!
Would you make it yourself? It's something that could really have the imagination go wild. I have seen lady bird buttons they would be cool to have every now and then on top hehe. Could really do anything! Quite amazing Smile
Back to top Go down
Ally

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Yeah i thought they were really interesting but not sure that they were my thing as well. I did show a few pics to FH and he does not like the idea one little bit. So i guess i will go to the florist and see what they have because i like different things and see if i like any flowers. Unfortunately i'm really not a flower person so i really don't know what to do <a href=\'http://
Back to top Go down
Amy

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:45 pm

wow ally love the button bouquet i love unusual ideas
love the orange calla lillys katie sounds like you have everything sorted the pictures are stunning
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:19 am

getting there Amy! Only 3 and a bit months to go and just putting the finishing touches on a few things! Must write my BDB blog too!!
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:07 pm

*Bump*
Back to top Go down
ButtonBuds

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:24 am

Well i am having buttons - This is a picture of my actual bouquet which i made myself.

My bridesmaids are having similar bouquets but a bit smaller and with black tulle instead of the feathers

What are your Flowers? Img_4511

I am really pleased with the result - the pic is one a friend took as my actual wedding isnt until May. I have had a mixed reaction of the feathers, but i love them.

Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:38 pm

It's so different! This one is a bit art deco, 1920s style! Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your Flowers?   What are your Flowers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your Flowers?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bridal Discount Book Forum :: Planning :: Wedding Plans & Ideas-
Jump to: