Bridal Discount Book Forum
Hi welcome to BDB's Chatterbox forum!
If you're a first time user you will have to create a new account.

This forum is not linked with Bridal Discount Book's website so the username & password you use for that won't be recognized.

Please sign up & create a new account with your BDB username & password if you wish to keep it consistent.

Hope you learn lots, share lots & make lots of friends along the way.

Be sure to visit our website ttp://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
where you can gain exclusive access thousands of wedding savings & vouchers!
enjoy your stay
Hi welcome to BDB's Chatterbox forum!
If you're a first time user you will have to create a new account.

This forum is not linked with Bridal Discount Book's website so the username & password you use for that won't be recognized.

Please sign up & create a new account with your BDB username & password if you wish to keep it consistent.

Hope you learn lots, share lots & make lots of friends along the way.

Be sure to visit our website ttp://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
where you can gain exclusive access thousands of wedding savings & vouchers!
enjoy your stay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for brides (and grooms) to chat weddings 24/7

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WEDDING DISCOUNT VOUCHERS AT www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au SAVE THOUSANDS PLANNING YOUR WEDDING! **********

Crisis!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie

Katie

Crisis! Empty
PostSubject: Crisis!   Crisis! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 am

Well, I'm thinking seriously now that we are going to have to go with Plan B. Looks like the sale of our reception venue is definitely going ahead. I've been told by a few other reputable businesses in McLaren Vale (who are also friends) that the new owner is as dodgy as the day is long and they wouldn't trust him.

I've found a caterer that is available, who does lovely food but we can only afford the cocktail option. So there goes my lovely sit down wedding reception.

I'm trying not to get angry with Dave as if he had have been flexible with dates in the beginning we could have had a beautiful reception at Woodstock. I don't think he quite understands how important a wedding is to a girl. But I'm trying not to blame him. I'm desperately trying to find the silver lining.

We may have the ceremony and reception an hour earlier, so people can snack all night. We'll hire some wait staff and kitchen hands and the like.

But you know when you have this idea in your head, and then it all goes wrong. I know it should just be about getting married and the rest is just for fun. I'm sure I'll be fine and it will be a beautiful cocktail reception. It's just not what I'd dreamed of.
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Crisis! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis!   Crisis! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:56 am

Oh crap honey, I'm sorry your dream as you saw it isn't happening Sad
as you say it will work out fine but it's still upsetting in the lead up.
Ok so what options do you have available?
Do you have a venue that is available that you can use?
Alternately there is the option of a nice marquee, maybe touch base with Kellie from set your scene or Style & grace. Elegant event management can also access marquees at a reasonable cost to?? I can make some enquiries if you want to go that way just say the word?

will get there in the end Smile

I'm sure we can all stick our heads together to help xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
CoralBride

Crisis! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis!   Crisis! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:25 am

Oh Katie you poor thing! I know what you mean about dreaming of a particular thing and not being able to have it.

Have you looked into the pricing for a number of caterers? Perhaps there is one that can provide a sit down menu for a similar price. You could always go a set entree, set main and then serve your cake as desert maybe?

Often with things like that, I try and tell myself that everything does happen for a reason and perhaps your guests will enjoy a cocktail event more, but still check to see if other caterers can provide what you want but for more of a sit down meal. If not as I said things happen for a reason. I love you

My H2B is the same with the not seeing the importance. Well he sees the importance of the day to me he knows how perfect I want it, but he sometimes doesn’t understand how soon you have to do things or how much things actually cost or the amount of work involved in it. But I work in events and marketing, so I know I’m doing things correctly and in the right order and at the right times etc. So really I get to plan the event and market the importance of each individual element to H2B!
Back to top Go down
Katie

Katie

Crisis! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis!   Crisis! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:29 am

I know exactly what you mean CoralBride, they don't see the urgency in things. which is very frustrating for someone like me (slightly over organised and a little obsessive with time.)

BUT... I think we may have found our solution. It's still not what I dreamed of, I lose my lovely tables, my bridal table, table decorations and stuff. It's going to have to be a cocktail wedding with not a great amount of space, but the venue is just lovely.

It's the Blue Grape B&B (it's actually where we have booked to stay our wedding night anyway) in McLaren Vale surrounds. It's up on a hill in amongst the vineyards and they have a beautiful front room with balcony's. The owner is a French Cordon Bleu chef and because they are good friends of my parents, and I know them quite well and have worked for them before, they have said they will do everything in their power to help us make it a wonderful night.

Mum has said that instead of table decorations, we will get some beautiful big stands with large vases and floral arrangements of the orange and ivory calla lillies. It will be a little cramped for room to begin with, but once the oldies head home we can kick our heels back.

I don't think I'm traditional in the way that I want to leave at 11pm or something. I want to stay and dance away until the party ends. and another plus is that we don't have to worry about a set finishing time.

It's not my dream, but I have to turn it in to my dream ... and it will be beautiful.

Thank you everyone so much for your support... flower
Back to top Go down
BDB
Admin
BDB

Crisis! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis!   Crisis! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 5:48 am

Yay Katie!!
That sounds fabulous! I can see some lovely pedistals or even wine barrels with your gorgeous flower displays on them Smile
I think it will be absoultely wonderful and a French Cordon Blue chef OMG! How fantastic is that?!

Yay, Katie I'm so glad that's been sorted for you and now you can start to dream and plan with what you have to work with there. I'm sure whatever you do it will be something spectacular <a href=\'http://www

X Jeanette
Back to top Go down
http://www.bridaldiscountbook.com.au
Katie

Katie

Crisis! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis!   Crisis! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks Jeanette,

I'm really starting to like the idea and am sure it will turn out lovely. Mum and I are going to talk to them on Monday night and just see whether we will fit 65 in there, but I'm certainly hoping so!

We are going to have an official end to the night where Dave and I will leave, head upstairs and get changed - this gives all the oldies the formal end of the night and can leave if they want. Then Dave and I will come back downstairs and rejoin the party!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crisis! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crisis!   Crisis! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crisis!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bridal Discount Book Forum :: General :: Help & Advice-
Jump to: